Tuesday, February 17, 2015

...and another week...

Hello Bloggy Friend's,

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my art journal page...happy, happy, happy :)

How are you all doing in your little corner of the world? Is the weather treating you well?
Am from Mumbai, India and the weather here is crazy. It's HOT in the morning, Cool breezy by noon and HOT again in the evening and COOLER by night. Just can't seem to make up its mind :)

After I had finished my Starry night page, I jumped into page two with great enthusiasm, which hit a roadblock soon. I was using distress ink and gelato's over gesso which would not just dry. I tried putting matt gel to seal it, but dint help. Then after heat drying for almost two days the distress ink finally dried. But then was not too happy as the sunflower was getting lost in the yellow. So changed the background to blue - sunflower was looking too lonely and I was getting too frustrated :(
the journey...
Anyway, I was not going to give up- so after layering and correcting I finally finished page two with John Denver's sunshine on my shoulders...Will revisit this page again soon...
The Finale


The Chinese are celebrating their New Year Xin Nian Kuai Le ...and according to Chinese astrology, each Chinese New Year is associated with an animal sign, occurring in a 12-year cycle. This is the year of the Goat and at the Diva's we are celebrating it too incorporating the symbol of goat in the tile. Here's my take on it.

Wishing Ming and Manish a very Happy New Year.



11 comments:

  1. That's so odd that those mediums wouldn't dry. Maybe you have a lot of humidity with that heat. Anyway, I love that song by John Denver and you've made a lovely page with it. I also like your tile. Nice tangling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Denver! My very favorite musical artist. I owned every one of his albums when I was in high school. And Sunshine on My Shoulders was a favorite song. Such a pretty art journal page, and I really appreciate your dilemma with getting the medium and paints to dry. But you "fixed" it so nicely. The blue and yellow go well together. It's cheerful as can be!
    Also, the challenge tile is so nice. It's almost like a zendala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me back to good times with the John Denver song and a great journal page. Also love you tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a second, but I'm pretty sure I found the "goat" reference in your Diva challenge tile which is very beautiful whether or not one finds the goat. As a resident of the northeastern United States, I am completely consumed by thinking about, worrying about, discussing and wondering about the weather. My sister-in-law who lives in Boston keeps sending me photos of the 6 feet of snow in her backyard. (If you visit my response to this challenge, you'll see that the weather figures too abundantly in my chatter. Your sunflowers have me yearning for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. And great job sticking with it until you had worked it out to your satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You dis so very well, I love your tile; the dots are a real great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great composition of your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page turned out well. I have yet to do an actual page. I have been making backgounds and journals. Your diva tile is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the John Denver song. It has been a long time since I heard that one and it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tile and very beautiful your journal page with the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your account of the process for your sunflower page. It is really lovely! I love what you did with the Diva Challenge too - the curved horn shapes really represent the goat well without being too literal. Nice. And thank you too for the John Denver song. I loved it when first released, and I think it has stood the test of time well. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete